Thanks to our first contributing author, we have this beautiful recipe wrapped up the warmth of baked apples and apple streusel in a yummy little cupcake.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 Tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of low-fat milk
- 2 Granny Smith Apple, diced -save half for topping-
- 1/2 Tsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
Streusel Topping Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 tsp of powdered cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cold unsalted butter, diced into cubes
- 1/8 cup rolled oats (optional)
- 1/2 Container of T Marzetti Apple Dip
Let’s Get Baking:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream butter in mixer, then add sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy.
- Add eggs and beat another 1-2 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Alternate flour with milk into mixture. Starting with the flour and ending with the flour.
- Lightly fold one of the diced apples into the batter.
- Take an ice cream scoop and divide into muffin tins about 3/4 full
- Place remaining diced apple on top of cupcakes.
- Mix all ingredients for streusel topping by hand until lightly crumbly. You want a coarse texture.
- Top cupcakes with Streusel Topping
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool on wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat some T Marzetti Caramel Apple Dip and place into a piping bag (you can use a ziplock with the end snipped) and drizzle over your cupcakes. I also like to fill my cupcakes with the caramel.
This recipe is courtesy of contributing author, Courtney, from Courtney’s Sweets Blog. I love cooking and baking. I’m happily married to my husband of one year, and we’ve been together for six years. We can’t wait to start our own little family.