Thanks to our first contributing author, we have this beautiful recipe wrapped up the warmth of baked apples and apple streusel in a yummy little cupcake.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 Tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of low-fat milk
- 2 Granny Smith Apple, diced -save half for topping-
- 1/2 Tsp Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
Streusel Topping Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 tsp of powdered cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of cold unsalted butter, diced into cubes
- 1/8 cup rolled oats (optional)
- 1/2 Container of T Marzetti Apple Dip
Let’s Get Baking:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream butter in mixer, then add sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy.
- Add eggs and beat another 1-2 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Alternate flour with milk into mixture. Starting with the flour and ending with the flour.
- Lightly fold one of the diced apples into the batter.
- Take an ice cream scoop and divide into muffin tins about 3/4 full
- Place remaining diced apple on top of cupcakes.
- Mix all ingredients for streusel topping by hand until lightly crumbly. You want a coarse texture.
- Top cupcakes with Streusel Topping
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool on wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat some T Marzetti Caramel Apple Dip and place into a piping bag (you can use a ziplock with the end snipped) and drizzle over your cupcakes. I also like to fill my cupcakes with the caramel.
This recipe is courtesy of contributing author, Courtney, from Courtney’s Sweets Blog. I love cooking and baking. I’m happily married to my husband of one year, and we’ve been together for six years. We can’t wait to start our own little family.
That looks SO delicious! It’s the caramel on top that sucked me in to be honest! Great recipe for sure, thanks for posting 🙂
kayla messineo says
i love your ideas and may be using some for my daughters birthday party! thanks, new follower here!!