It is fall people and I’ve managed to somehow not post something pumpkin yet. Say what? Seems a bit crazy to me too, but here we are with a doozy (or should I say boozy) recipe from the super talented Joanne Andrea. This is a woman after my own heart. If you love boozy desserts, these pumpkin parfaits are perfect for you. If you want to avoid alcohol, this parfait recipe is still perfect for you because the schnapps is really optional. So there you go, best of both worlds.
Joanne mixes cream cheese, real pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to create a deliciously easy filling. She holds nothing back on top with caramel, fudge and pecan pieces. These pictures really make me drool. Can you blame me?
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon butterscotch schnapps (optional)
- 4 oreo cookies
- 1 cup COOL WHIP whipped topping
- caramel topping
- fudge topping
- sugared pecans pieces (optional)
- Crush cookies in a bag to a fine consistency. Divide evenly between 4 shot glasses
- Blend cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and schnapps together until smooth.
- Spoon the pumpkin mixture into the shot glasses about ¾ of the way, on top of the cookie crumbs
- Pipe the cool whip on top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Drizzle both toppings as desired and finish with candied pecan pieces.
Rather than show some step by step shots which are rather easy to visualize anyway, I’m going to leave you with some extra finished shots instead.
Because really, it is a little like food porn and who am I do deny someone their fix?
Yep. That good.
If you make these I hope you’ll come back and let me know if they were a hit! Happy fall!