This morning I was going through my kitchen doing a general clean up like always and noticed my pile of apples. You know, the few extras that hang out in bags after a baking project that never used them all? Well, I hated the thought of just throwing them out and rather than just toss my kids some apple slices for snack, I thought it would be fun to make a Halloween project out of them.
Yesterday I received this huge bag of Kraft products and one that stood out to me was the Baker’s Dipping Chocolate … and the half eaten package of Halloween Oreos. That’s when it hit me … apples … chocolate .. Oreos … together? Yum!
- 2 – 3 of your favorite apple variety (I used Granny Smith and Jonathan)
- Baker’s Dipping Chocolate in the Heat ‘n Dip cup
- 6 crushed Halloween Oreos
- Melt chocolate in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring between reheats. Takes approximately 1:30 – 2:00 to fully melt. Stir well.
- Slice and core apples into 6 slices
- Dip the peel side of the apple in the chocolate, coating evenly. Use a toothpick to hold apple.
- Gently roll chocolate coated apple in crushed Oreos
- If not being served immediately, rub a little lemon juice on the exposed apple to prevent browning and chill in refrigerator.
Halloween Oreo Apple Dippers Step by Step Photos
Before starting any project in the kitchen, I always like to have all of my ingredients and workspace prepped and ready for action. To get things started, I crushed all of my Halloween Oreos on a plate before melting the chocolate and slicing apples.
With the chocolate melted, I quickly sliced and cored my apples. If you want to prevent browning, making sure you rub the exposed apple with just a little bit of lemon juice.
Using a toothpick, hold the apple slice and quickly dip the peeled side of the apple in the chocolate, allow the excess chocolate to drip back into the cup.
Next, gently roll the chocolate dipped apple in the crushed Oreos and set aside on a plate to harden a bit, continue dipping the rest of your apples.
Last … lick the chocolate off your fingers, wash your hands and serve these semi-healthy (emphasis on semi) snacks to your kids!
Disclosure – I was provided with the Oreos and Baker’s Dipping Chocolate as a gift for being part of the Kraft Foods Delicious Byte Community. Opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by compensation.