Last week a friend from Facebook, Trisha, asked me to come up with a recipe for Nutella. Now, this sounded like a fun challenge, except I’d never had Nutella before. Boy was I missing out! This nutty chocolate is delicious, and I typically hate all nut products, more notably peanuts. But the light hazelnut flavor just left me wanting more. At her request, I’ve come up with what I think is is a tasty treat and fun for the kids to help you make too!
We’re making pizza … dessert style. You’ll want to start off with a really good cookie base, and this is my go to recipe for a chocolate chip cookie dough.
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 stick of butter, softened at room temperature (don’t use margarine please)
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 – 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- 3 spoonfuls of Nutella, in a piping bag
- chopped hazelnuts (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the sugars, butter, egg and vanilla until well blended into a creamy, brown mixture.
2. Slowly add in flour, salt and baking soda. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
3. Using a (ungreased) 10 Inch Springform Pan, spread the cookie dough evenly across the base. Bake for 13 minutes and remove.
5. Using a piping bag (or use the corner of a plastic sandwich bag) spread the Nutella over the baking chips in any design you like.