My list of goodies to bake recently increased. As I was browsing my usual blogs this morning I saw the cutest idea for peppermint bark. Over at Mommy’s Kitchen, she shared a great way to spruce up ordinary peppermint bark, so I definitely can’t take credit for this idea! When I saw them, I just had to give it a try, and it made it even better than I already had all of the ingredients in my kitchen.
- 1 box of mini candy canes
- 1 block vanilla flavored Almond bark
- a handful of Oreo cookies
Directions for Peppermint Hearts:
- If you don’t have a double boiler you can create your own with a pot of boiling water and place a cooktop safe dish over the top of it. Pyrex works fabulous. Get your water boiling and fill the top bowl with your almond blocks.
- With a spatula, stir until the almond bark is completely melted. Takes about 10 minutes.
- On wax paper, line up your mini candy canes facing each other to form a heart.
- With a spoon, fill in the center of each heart with the melted almond bark.
- If you want, you can crush a few candy canes and sprinkle this over the top of the filling.
- Let cool for at least an hour and these are ready to pop off and eat or share!
Directions for Oreo Bark:
- With leftover melted almond bark, pour it in the center of wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos over it and mix with a fork.
- Let cool in refrigerator for at least an hour and your ready to start breaking it into bite size pieces.
That is really cute. Do you have a good recipe for chocolate no bake cookies? My mother had one, but since she moved I rarely talk to her. I have found a couple recipes online, but they don’t seem to be the same.
Love it!! I made peppermint bark for Christmas last year but the candy canes finish it off nicely! I think I’ll use this for Christmas this year.
yummy oreo bark!!