Whether you’re hosting a full blown Halloween party this year or small post trick-or-treating get-together with family, you’ll need a few spooky treats to set the mood. Personally, there’s nothing more creepy to me than hairy legged spiders. These cocoa puffy spider bites are tarantula size and make great additions to Halloween dessert trays.
- 3 cups pretzel twists
- 1 cup milk or dark dipping chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 4 TBS butter
- 2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 cups Cocoa Puffs cereal
- 1 tube Betty Crocker White Decorating Icing
- black confetti decorations
1. Break pretzel twists into thirds so that you have 3 curved sections, removing the inner twist pieces.
2. Melt chocolate in microwave safe cup for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until fully melted.
3. Dip each pretzel “leg” in the chocolate and all excess to drip off.
4. Roll the dipped pretzel in chocolate sprinkles and set aside on wax paper.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to create eight dipped pretzels per spider treat and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt butter.
7. Add marshmallows and stir until well coated in butter.
8. Once marshmallows have fully melted, turn off the heat and add cocoa powder. Stir.
9. Add Cocoa Puffs to marshmallow mixture and stir well.
10. All the cereal treats to cool for 5 minutes.
11. Coat your hands in shortening and form small balls using the cereal treat mixture, a little bigger than a golf ball.
12. Allow the cereal treat balls to set for 1 hour.
13. Carefully press pretzel spider legs into the cereal treat balls, 4 legs on each side.
14. Using the decorating icing, make two large dots for eyes and add a black confetti decoration to each center.
Disclosure – As part of the Platefull ad network and community, General Mills and Betty Crocker provided me with a gift card to purchase the ingredients.
Those are super cute! And you are so creative!
Those are so cute!!
ahhhh soooo stinkin cute! What a super creative idea!
Those are really cute and yummy spiders.. I’m sure the kids will really enjoy eating them.
Cute! And sounds yummy too! I could spend all day over here looking at all of the yummy recipes you two post. All the while with my mouth watering.
I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Best Cooking/Foodie blog here – http://www.parkerpronline.com/2010/10/best-cook-foodie/. 😀
LeeAnn that is so amazingly sweet of you! Thank you for the honor! We really do appreciate it.
Cat Davis says
LeeAnn, just to ditto what Emilie said … we thank you!