If you are looking for a quick way to spruce up your cookies any time of year, a bit of chocolate is a fabulous way to do it! You can really take almost any cookie, dip half in chocolate, and suddenly it transforms from looking good to looking amazing. Sugar cookies are perfect for chocolate dipping because their flavor works well with a variety of chocolate and different toppings. Pillsbury asked me to create some recipes using their refrigerated cookie dough to make things a bit easier. And the sugar cookies immediately stood out, but they needed some chocolate. (Doesn’t almost everything sound a little better with a bit of chocolate?)
Total Time: 60 mins
prep time: 15 min servings: 16
1 roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon canola oil or shortening
1/2 cup pecan chips
1 Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Slice dough into 1 /2 inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased (or parchment or silicone lined) cookie sheets.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until fully set and edges are a light golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, at least 15 minutes.
4. Place chocolate chips and oil in medium microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir. Continue heating in 15-30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
5. Dip cooled sugar cookie into melted chocolate at an angle to cover 1 /3 of the cookie. Gently shake off excess chocolate into bowl. Place on wax paper (or parchment paper) to dry.
6. Sprinkle pecan chips (or other decorations) over top of cookie.
7. Repeat process until all cookies have been dipped.
I used pecan chips but you can really get creative with different colors and flavors. Consider chopped up Andes mints, crushed peppermint candy, holiday sprinkles, tiny marshmallows, etc. There are no limits!
See more delicious Pillsbury holiday recipes on Serious Eats!