It is officially peach season! Earlier this week I picked some fresh peaches up from my local market because they looked so delicious. I love their smell as they ripen on my counter and nothing is better than biting into a fresh peach and having the juice drip down your arm. Yum! So you can bet I was excited when I saw this simple recipe for brown sugar peaches with coconut whipped cream from photographer Joanne Andrea. Peaches and brown sugar are definitely a winning combination, but add in some coconut whipped cream? I’m sold! I think it will be perfect for entertaining guests.
Brown Sugar Peaches with Coconut Whipped Cream
- 2 fresh peaches
- 1 can coconut cream (chilled overnight in the refrigerator)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Wash and slice peaches into quarters. Further chop peaches into bit sized chunks.
- Sprinkle brown sugar onto the peaches and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Open the chilled can of coconut cream and carefully remove the hardened coconut cream at the top of the can. Place that into your mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and whip together. Once thoroughly combined, chill in the refrigerator until ready to use
- Place peach pieces into two bowls. Drizzle the juice at the bottom of the bowl over the peaches.
- Taking your whipped coconut cream, place a nice sized dollop onto the peaches, and garnish with sliced almonds.
- Serve immediately.
If you aren’t familiar with coconut cream, it is rich and works great for desserts. It contains less water than coconut milk and is much thicker and more like a paste. This is a great alternative to traditional heavy whipping cream.
Thanks Joanna for sharing this recipe!