With all the Zucchini ripening in your gardens, I thought this would be a perfect time to share a recipe for zucchini bread. I love the moist texture and subtle flavors in this bread and I’m certain you will too! This recipe is for two full loaves but I was able to make 3 mini loaves and one regular sized loaf. The mini loaves make great gifts and are so easy to freeze for later!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 - ¼ cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated or shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans or 5 mini loaf pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix flour, salt, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well. (Batter will be very thick.)
- Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan. Cool completely.
With recipes that contain significant amounts of oil, I always like to cut that amount in half and replace it with unsweetened applesauce to make it a bit healthier. However, if you don’t have any applesauce, you can easily use a cup of oil.
Enjoy this delicious bread!