My mom made this awesome cinnamon french toast bake for my son Lucian’s fourth birthday celebration. Of course I’m going to have to share it. It is very sweet and an easy way to feed a crowd. While you can pour syrup on after if you like, I personally feel it is sweet enough without it and don’t even bother adding the extra calories. The recipe is altered slightly to keep it from getting mushy by reducing the amount of eggs and syrup and it works perfectly!
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- Icing from cinnamon rolls
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup, if desired
- Melt butter and pour on ungreased 13x9 inch glass dish. Separate cans of dough into 16 rolls reserving the icing for later use. Cut each roll into 8 pieces and add to buttered baking dish.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl. Add cream, cinnamon and vanilla and beat until well blended. Pour over cut pieces of cinnamon roll pieces.
- Sprinkle with pecans and drizzle ¾ cup syrup over the top. Bake at 375 for 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Remove the covers from icing and microwave on medium or 50% power for 10 to 15 seconds. (Should be thin enough to drizzle.) Drizzle icing over the top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with syrup if desired. Yum!
Give this delicious recipe a try at your next brunch or celebration! Trust me, it won’t last long if you do! Works great for holiday breakfast, such as Easter or Christmas morning. Hope you love it as much as we did.
This recipe can be found at Pillsbury.com  and was altered to suit our tastes.